This qualification reflects the role of individuals employed as make–up artists to design and apply make–up for a range of purposes and occasions across the beauty, fashion, media and entertainment industries.
These individuals possess a range of well – developed technical and consultation skills where discretion and judgement is required and are responsible for their own outputs. This includes working cooperatively with a range of individuals including photographers, fashion stylists and media production staff.
Work is typically conducted as part of a team or on a freelance basis in settings such as make – up studios, retail cosmetic counters, fashion and media sets and photography studios.
- SHBBMUP002 Design and apply make-up
- SHBBMUP003 Design and apply make-up for photography
- SHBBMUP004 Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SHBBMUP005 Apply airbrushed make-up
- SHBBMUP006 Design and apply creative make-up
- SHBBRES001 Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBXCCS002 Provide salon services to clients
- SHBXIND001 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXWHS001 Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBBBOS001Apply cosmetic tanning products
- SHBBCCS001Advise on beauty products and services
- SHBBFAS001 Provide lash & brow services
- SHBBHRS001 Provide waxing services
- SHBBMUP001 Apply eyelash extensions
- SHBBMUP007 Work collaboratively on make-up productions
3 days 9am – 4.30pm
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
44 weeks/12 months
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Entry Requirement for Overseas Students
- Meet evidentiary requirements for country of origin
- Have an IELTS score of 5.5 or above or undertake an English Language test prior to enrolment TOEFL 527; TOEFLiBT46; CAE162; PTE42 or
- OET pass mark or 5 years study in Australia, Canada New Zealand; South Africa or
- Republic of Ireland or Passport holders for UK, USA, Canada, Republic of Ireland or Senior Secondary Certificate in Australia.
- Undertake a pre-enrolment interview / initial skills assessment.
Additional course costs:
$500.00 – Administration fee
$100.00 – Uniform
$500.00 – Training kits
*kits may be sources by Learner
- SHB30215 Certificate III in Make-up upon resulting competent
- Electronic training material
- All assessments
- Clinic practical hours
- Work placement support
Course commencement: 24th July 2018
Campus location: 2/161 New South Head Road, Edgecliff NSW 2027
How can I pay for the course?
Payments can be made via credit card (visa and master card) cash or EFT. Payment plans are available.
How can I enrol in the course?
You may enrol online http://www.sbdi.com.au/enrol-now/ once we receive your enrolment form our admissions team will contact you to process your enrolment.
Payment upon enrolment:
20% of course cost
Face – to – face learning, self-paced distance delivery, workplace training in SBDI clinic.
Course Start Dates