This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply substantial specialised knowledge and skills to design and safely apply non-ionising radiation treatments using intense pulsed light and laser technologies for hair reduction on the face and body.
In this role they make complex, high level, independent judgements in consulting with clients, analysing their hair conditions, designing and evaluating intense pulsed light hair reduction treatment programs, selecting and using appropriate technology, and applying it within the context of safe client and operator practices and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Ongoing technological developments in this area of practice require the use of broad knowledge and the identification, analysis and evaluation of information from a variety of sources to build personal capability.
Practice may be undertaken in the hair reduction stream of the beauty industry or in other settings where cosmetic laser hair reduction services are offered.
SIB70110 GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN INTENSE PULSED LIGHT & LASER HAIR REDUCTION
- HLTIN402B Maintain infection control standards in office practice settings
- SIBBHRS705A Apply intense pulsed light and laser safety protocols
- SIBBHRS706A Design intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatment programs
- SIBBHRS707A Provide intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatments
- SIBBRES702A Investigate developments in cosmetic treatments using light or laser systems
Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification considerations for the use of Class 4 Laser:
- Queensland Radiation Safety Act 1999, licensing of operator and premises
- Tasmanian Radiation Protection Act 2005, accreditation of equipment, premises and operator
- Western Australian Radiation Safety Act 1975 imposes conditions, limitations and restrictions on the use of Class 4 lasers.
- Other states and territories, no licensing, regulatory or certificate requirements apply at the time of endorsement.
SHB50115 DIPLOMA OF BEAUTY THERAPY
- SHBBBOS002 Provide body massages
- SHBBBOS003 Provide body treatments
- SHBBFAS001 Provide lash and brow services
- SHBBFAS002 Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations
- SHBBFAS003 Provide specialised facial treatment
- SHBBHRS001 Provide waxing services
- SHBBMUP002 Design and apply make-up
- SHBBNLS001 Provide manicure and pedicare services
- SHBBRES001 Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBXCCS001 Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXCCS002 Provide salon services to clients
- SHBXIND001 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXWHS001 Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBBBOS004 Provide aromatherapy massages
- SHBBBOS005 Use reflexology relaxation techniques in beauty treatments
- SHBBCCS002 Prepare personalised aromatic plant oil blends for beauty treatments
- SHBBSPA003 Provide stone therapy massages
- SHBBSPA004 Provide Indian head massages for relaxation
- SHBBBOS006 Provide superficial lymph massage treatments
- SHBBHRS002 Provide female intimate waxing services
- SHBBINF001 Maintain infection control standards
- SHBBSKS005 Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments
- SHBBMUP003 Design and apply make-up for photography
- SHBBMUP004 Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SHBBCCS001 Advise on beauty products and services
Additional course costs:
Compulsory uniform purchased from SBDI.
Course kit to be arranged by Learner.
Field trips may incur a cost to the Learner.
How can I pay for the course?
Call our office to discuss a payment plan that suits you best. You may choose self-funding through pay as you go.
HOW CAN I ENROL IN THE COURSE?
We will send you an information pack about your preferred dates and an application form. All you need to do is complete the application form and return this to us to secure your place in the course of your choice.
There are no entry requirements to this qualification.
This qualification is not suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway.
- SIB70110 Graduate Certificate In Intense Pulse Light & Laser Hair Reduction and
- SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy on completion
- Workbooks, training material, assessments
- Clinic practical hours
Full time program: Full time 9am –4.30pm 3days
SIB70110 and SHB50115 combined 24months
Delivery ModeBlended, in class & work placement
Course Start Dates