This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply substantial specialised knowledge and skills to design and safely apply non-ionising radiation treatments using intense pulsed light and laser technologies for hair reduction on the face and body.
In this role they make complex, high level, independent judgements in consulting with clients, analysing their hair conditions, designing and evaluating intense pulsed light hair reduction treatment programs, selecting and using appropriate technology, and applying it within the context of safe client and operator practices and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Ongoing technological developments in this area of practice require the use of broad knowledge and the identification, analysis and evaluation of information from a variety of sources to build personal capability.
Practice may be undertaken in the hair reduction stream of the beauty industry or in other settings where cosmetic laser hair reduction services are offered.
- HLTIN402B Maintain infection control standards in office practice settings
- SIBBHRS705A Apply intense pulsed light and laser safety protocols
- SIBBHRS706A Design intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatment programs
- SIBBHRS707A Provide intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatments
- SIBBRES702A Investigate developments in cosmetic treatments using light or laser systems
3 days per week, 30 weeks / 6 months
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 9am – 4.30pm
*Discuss your timetable with the trainer
*Speak to your trainer to organise practical hours in the SBDI clinic.
To undertake this qualification, you must hold SIB50110 Diploma of Beauty Therapy or
– Have significant and relevant vocational experience with a primary focus on providing facial services, skin services and hair reduction services or
– Evidence of significant and relevant vocational experience relating to the application of human biology, anatomy & physiology knowledge
Entry Requirement for Overseas Students
- Meet evidentiary requirements for country of origin
- Have an IELTS score of 5.5 or above or undertake an English Language test prior to enrolment TOEFL 527; TOEFLiBT46; CAE162; PTE42 or
- OET pass mark or 5 years study in Australia, Canada New Zealand; South Africa or
- Republic of Ireland or Passport holders for UK, USA, Canada, Republic of Ireland or Senior Secondary Certificate in Australia.
- Undertake a pre-enrolment interview / initial skills assessment.
Additional course costs:
$500.00 – Administration fee
$100.00 – Uniform
$100.00 –Safety glasses (if required)
Payment upon enrolment:
20% of course cost
- SIB70110 Graduate Certificate upon resulting competent
- Electronic training material
- Clinic practical hours
- Work placement support
Campus location: 2/161 New South Head Road, Edgecliff NSW 2027
How can I pay for the course?
Payments can be made via credit card (visa and master card) cash or EFT. Payment plans available.
How can I enrol in the course?
You may enrol online by filling out the form below and once we receive your enrolment form our admissions team will contact you to process your enrolment.
Face – to – face learning, self-paced distance delivery, workplace training in SBDI clinic.
Course Start Dates