This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to maintain infection control during skin penetration treatments and to review clinic compliance with the applicable state or territory and local council requirements.
It requires the ability to identify, manage and control infection risks to clients, self and work colleagues.
This unit applies to beauty therapists who work in beauty therapy salons, clinics or in cosmetic medical clinics. These therapists work autonomously and make independent treatment decisions.
To gain competency you may be required to submit research projects and written assessments.
You will learn:
- Analysing skin conditions
- Designing and reviewing IPL and laser treatment programs for pigmented and vascular lesions, skin rejuvenation and acne
- Consultation techniques
- Performing and assessing test patch
- Delivering safe and effective treatments
- Selecting and using laser / IPL technology
- Pre and post treatment advice
- Documentation requirements
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
Hours required to complete course – 75 hrs.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
- A comprehensive training manual
- Written assessment
- Correspondence support from assigned trainer
- Statement of attainment upon resulting as competent
How can I pay for the course?
Payments can be made via Credit card (Visa & Master Card) cash or EFT. Course fees are due 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
How can I enrol in the course?
You may enrol online http://www.sbdi.com.au/enrol-now/ once we receive your enrolment form our Admissions Team will contact you to process your enrolment.
Self-paced distance delivery, workplace training.
Assessments are submitted electronically.
Course Start Dates