This Skill Set combines three units taken from the SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy. These treatments are a specialised service which can be used to support Laser & IPL hair reduction or as a standalone service to meet the needs of clients who want a hair reduction treatment.
This Skill Set is designed for the Learner who wishes to pursue a career as an Electrologist in the beauty Industry.
SKILL SET UNITS
- SHBBHRS004 Provide hair reduction treatments using electrical currents
- SHBBINF001 Maintain infection control standards
- SHBBSKS002 Provide diathermy treatments
You will learn
- History & benefits of Electrology
- Confirm treatment plans
- Prepare client for electrolysis treatments
- Perform a patch test
- Perform permanent hair removal
- Review treatment and provide post-treatment advice
Pre – requisite unit: SHBBINF001 Maintain infection control standards.
Delivery: the course is conducted in a manner that enables you to complete the training to suit you and your family/life situation
- A comprehensive training manual
- Hands on practical training
- Consultation material
- Log book
- Statement of attainment on completion
Learners who are undertaking diathermy please contact your trainer for additional training dates.
One block of 3 days’ face to face
1 day assessment theory and practical
200 hours practical (some hours may be completed in our clinic)
Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 4:00pm
How can I enrol in the course?
We will send you an information pack about your preferred dates and an enrolment form. All you need to do is complete the enrolment form and return this to us to secure your place in the course of our choice
Delivery ModeBlended, in class & work placement
Course Start Dates