This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply substantial specialised knowledge and skills to design and safely apply non-ionising radiation treatments using Intense Pulsed Light and laser technologies for skin rejuvenation and tattoo removal on the face and body.
In this role they make complex, high level, independent judgements in consulting with clients, analysing skin conditions, designing and evaluating intense pulsed light and laser skin rejuvenation treatment programs, selecting and using appropriate technology.
They will also make complex, high level, independent judgements in development of specialist skills to:
- remove tattoos
- analyse clients skin and tattoos
- design and evaluate Q-Switched Laser treatment programs
- select and use appropriate technology
They will be able to apply their knowledge within the context of safe client and operator practices and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- SHBBHRS005 Identify and control safety risks for intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatments
- SHBBINF001 Maintain infection control standards
- CLTSKR001 Design and provide intense pulsed light and laser skin rejuvenation treatment programs
- CLTTAT002 Design and provide laser tattoo removal treatment programs
- CLTQSL003 Design and provide Q-switched laser skin rejuvenation treatment programs
3 days per week, 18 months
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9am – 4.30pm
For entry into this qualification you must hold SIB50110 Diploma of Beauty Therapy or SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy or Successor and 6 months post-qualification experience as a beauty therapist with a primary focus on providing facial and skin services. or 2 years’ experience in the IPL or laser industry, demonstrating the ability to provide IPL or laser treatments to clients in the area of hair reduction or skin rejuvenation. Or an Enrolled Nurse or Registered Nurse; and have 12 months post-qualification experience in the application of knowledge in human biology, anatomy and physiology.
Entry Requirement For Overseas Students
- Meet evidentiary requirements for country of origin
- Have an IELTS score of 5.5 or above or undertake an English Language test prior to enrolment TOEFL 527; TOEFLiBT46; CAE162; PTE42 or
- OET pass mark or 5 years study in Australia, Canada New Zealand; South Africa or
- Republic of Ireland or Passport holders for UK, USA, Canada, Republic of Ireland or Senior Secondary Certificate in Australia.
- Undertake a pre-enrolment interview / initial skills assessment.
ADDITIONAL COURSE COSTS
$500.00 – Administration fee $100.00 – Uniform
$100.00 –Safety glasses (if required)
PAYMENT UPON ENROLMENT
20% of course cost
Administration fee & Uniform fee.
- 10781NAT Advanced Diploma upon resulting competent
- Electronic training and assessment guides
- Clinic practical hours
- Work placement support
DATES: available on our website www.sbdi.com.au
2/161 New South Head Road Edgecliff NSW 2027
How can I pay for the course?
Payments can be made using debit or credit card via Ezidebit. Course fees are due two weeks prior to course commencement. Payment plans available.
How can I enrol in the course?
You may enrol online https://www.sbdi.com.au/enrol-now/ once we receive your enrolment form our admissions team will contact you to process your enrolment.
Face – to – face learning, self-paced distance learning, workplace training in SBDI clinic.
P: 02 9326 2211
Course Start Dates