This qualification reflects the role of individuals who work as beauty therapists to provide a range of beauty therapy treatments and services, including are competent in a prescribed range of beauty therapy treatments and services, including lash and brow, nail services, make-up, massage and waxing. They communicate with clients to recommend treatments and services and sell retail skin care and cosmetic products.
Work is typically undertaken in beauty salons or spas.
- SHBBBOS001 Apply cosmetic tanning products
- SHBBBOS002 Provide body massages
- SHBBBOS003 Provide body treatments
- SHBBFAS001 Provide lash and brow services
- SHBBFAS002 Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations
- SHBBHRS001 Provide waxing services
- SHBBMUP002 Design and apply make-up
- SHBBNLS001 Provide manicure and pedicare services
- SHBBRES001 Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBXCCS001 Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXCCS002 Provide salon services to clients
- SHBXIND001 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXWHS001 Apply safe hygiene health and work practices
- SHBFAS003 Provide specialised facial treatments
- SHBBMUP001 Apply eyelash extensions
- SHBBMUP003 Design and apply make-up for photography
- SHBBMUP004 Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SHBBSKS001 Pierce ear lobes
- SHBBCCS001 Advise on beauty products and services
3 days 9am – 4.30pm
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
44 weeks/10 months
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Entry Requirement for Overseas Students
- Meet evidentiary requirements for country of origin
- Have an IELTS score of 5.5 or above or undertake an English Language test prior to enrolment TOEFL 527; TOEFLiBT46; CAE162; PTE42 or
- OET pass mark or 5 years study in Australia, Canada New Zealand; South Africa or
- Republic of Ireland or Passport holders for UK, USA, Canada, Republic of Ireland or Senior Secondary Certificate in Australia.
- Undertake a pre-enrolment interview / initial skills assessment.
Additional course costs:
$500.00 – Administration fee
$100.00 – Uniform
$500.00 – Training kits
*kits may be sources by Learner
- SHB40115 Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy upon resulting competent
- Electronic training material
- All assessments
- Clinic practical hours
- Work placement support
Campus location: 2/161 New South Head Road, Edgecliff NSW 2027
How can I pay for the course?
Payments can be made via credit card (visa and master card) cash or EFT. Flexible payment plans available via Ezidebit.
How can I enrol in the course?
You may enrol online https://www.sbdi.com.au/enrol-now/ once we receive your enrolment form our admissions team will contact you to process your enrolment.
Payment upon enrolment:
20% of course cost
Face – to – face learning, self-paced distance delivery, workplace training in SBDI clinic.
Course Start Dates