This qualification reflects the role of individuals employed as beauty therapists to provide a broad range of beauty treatments and services including facial treatments, body massage and treatments, hair removal, lash and brow treatments, nail and make-up services. This includes consultation with clients to provide beauty advice, recommend beauty treatments and services, and sell retail skin-care and cosmetic products. Work is typically undertaken in beauty salons and spas.
- SHBBBOS002 Provide body massages
- SHBBBOS003 Provide body treatments
- SHBBFAS001 Provide lash and brow services
- SHBBFAS002 Provide facial treatments and skin care recommendations
- SHBBFAS003 Provide specialised facial treatment
- SHBBHRS001 Provide waxing services
- SHBBMUP002 Design and apply make-up
- SHBBNLS001 Provide manicure and pedicare services
- SHBBRES001 Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBXCCS001 Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBXCCS002 Provide salon services to clients
- SHBXIND001 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXWHS001 Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBBBOS004 Provide aromatherapy massages
- SHBBBOS005 Use reflexology relaxation techniques in beauty treatments
- SHBBCCS002 Prepare personalised aromatic plant oil blends for beauty treatments
- SHBBSPA003 Provide stone therapy massages
- SHBBSPA004 Provide Indian head massages for relaxation
- SHBBBOS006 Provide superficial lymph massage treatments
- SHBBSKS001 Pierce ear lobes
- SHBBINF001 Maintain infection control standards
- SHBBSKS005 Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments
- SHBBMUP003 Design and apply make-up for photography
- SHBBMUP004 Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SHBBCCS001 Advise on beauty products and services
18 months for International Students
12 months Domestic Students
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9am – 4.30pm or
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 9am – 4.30pm
Campus location: 2/161 New South Head Road Edgecliff, NSW 2027
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Entry Requirement for Overseas Students
- Meet evidentiary requirements for country of origin
- Have an IELTS score of 5.5 or above or undertake an English Language test prior to enrolment TOEFL 527; TOEFLiBT46; CAE162; PTE42 or
- OET pass mark or 5 years study in Australia, Canada New Zealand; South Africa or
- Republic of Ireland or Passport holders for UK, USA, Canada, Republic of Ireland or Senior Secondary Certificate in Australia.
- Undertake a pre-enrolment interview / initial skills assessment.
$17,500 – International
$16,000 – Domestic
Additional course costs:
$500.00 – Administration fee
$100.00 – Uniform
$500.00 – Training kits *kits may be sources by Learner
- SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy upon resulting competent
- Electronic training material
- All assessments
- Clinic practical hours
- Work placement support
How can I pay for the course?
Payments can be made via credit card (visa and master card) cash or EFT. Flexible payment plans available via Ezidebit.
Check whether you may be eligible for government-subsidised training by completing the eligibility test form online http://www.smartandskilled.net.au/smart-and-skilled-eligibility-quick-check.aspx
How can I enrol in the course?
You may enrol online https://www.sbdi.com.au/enrol-now/ once we receive your enrolment form our admissions team will contact you to process your enrolment.
Payment upon enrolment:
20% of course cost
Face – to – face learning, self-paced distance delivery, workplace training in SBDI clinic.
Course Start Dates