This unit describes the skills and knowledge required of health care workers in office practice settings to comply with infection control regulations, standards, guidelines, policy and procedures and to identify, manage and control infection risks to clients, clients, themselves and other health care workers
You will learn
- Implement and maintain infection control practices and infection risk containment measures
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of environment
- Maintain personal protection
- Undertake infection control measures during procedures and treatments
- Clean and sterilise instruments, equipment and implantable items
- Maintain sterilizer equipment
- Maintain awareness of implications of premises layout and maintenance for control of infection risks
- Comply with infection control regulations and standards, and related legal obligations
2 days per week for 6 weeks
Hours required to complete course – 75
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
- Training manual
- Distance learning support from assigned trainer
- Statement of attainment on successful completion
Campus location: 2/161 New South Head Road Edgecliff NSW 2027
How can I pay for the course?
Payments can be made via credit card (visa and master card) cash or EFT. Flexible payment plans available via Ezidebit.
How can I enrol in the course?
You may enrol online https://www.sbdi.com.au/enrol-now/ once we receive your enrolment form our admissions team will contact you to process your enrolment.
Self – paced distance delivery, workplace training.
Assessments are submitted electronically.
Course Start Dates