This is an entry level course that offers participants a pathway into the IPL and Laser industry, specialising in hair reduction treatments. In this fast growing and incredibly competitive industry it is essential to be up to date with industry standards and be able to offer safe and effective treatments to your clients. This course is recommended for participants who have a background in beauty services who are currently working in the industry and wish to improve their skills and knowledge. Upon successful completion of this course you may be eligible to enrol into the 10038NAT Graduate Certificate of cosmetic laser and light therapies.
Participants who are not currently working in beauty services are eligible to enrol into this course and are required to complete the following prerequisites prior to course commencement:
- Laser safety for cosmetic laser and light therapies No ED186 (online)
- Foundation skills dermal science (distance learning)
You will learn:
- Analysing skin conditions
- Types of unwanted hair growth
- Designing and evaluating IPL and laser treatment programs for hair reduction
- Consultation techniques
- Performing and assessing test patches
- Delivering safe and effective treatments
- Selecting and using laser / IPL technology
- Follow-up and aftercare advice
- Documentation requirements
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
2 days 9am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday on campus
*Speak to your trainer to organise practical hours in the SBDI clinic.
- Laser safety for cosmetic laser and light therapies No ED186
$1,500 (includes laser safety online & GST)
Additional course costs:
$100.00 – IPL Safety glasses (if required)
- Training manual IPL & Laser for hair reduction
- Practical activities in a clinic environment
- Certificate of attendance on completion
Campus location: 2/161 New South Head Road Edgecliff NSW 2027
How can I pay for the course?
Payments can be made via credit card (visa and master card) cash or EFT. Flexible payment plans available via Ezidebit.
How can I enrol in the course?
You may enrol online https://www.sbdi.com.au/enrol-now/ once we receive your enrolment form our admissions team will contact you to process your enrolment.
Face – to – face learning, self-paced distance delivery, workplace training in SBDI clinic.