This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to maintain infection control during skin penetration treatments and to review clinic compliance with the applicable state or territory and local council requirements.
It requires the ability to identify, manage and control infection risks to clients, self and work colleagues.
This unit applies to beauty therapists who work in beauty therapy salons, clinics or in cosmetic medical clinics. These therapists work autonomously and make independent treatment decisions.
To gain competency you may be required to submit research projects and written assessments.
You will learn:
- Comply with infection control regulations and guidelines and related legal obligations
- Monitor hygiene of premises.
- Maintain infection control for skin penetration treatments.
- Sterilise equipment and maintain steriliser.
- Maintain awareness of clinic and design for control of infection risks.
Hours required to complete course – 75 hrs.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
- A comprehensive training manual
- Written assessment
- Correspondence support from assigned trainer
- Statement of attainment upon resulting as competent
How can I pay for the course?
Payments can be made via credit card (visa and master card) cash or EFT. Flexible payment plans available via Ezidebit.
How can I enrol in the course?
You may enrol online https://www.sbdi.com.au/enrol-now/ once we receive your enrolment form our Admissions Team will contact you to process your enrolment.
Self-paced distance learning, off campus.
Assessments are submitted electronically.
Course Start Dates