This qualification reflects the role of individuals employed as make–up artists to design and apply make–up for a range of purposes and occasions across the beauty, fashion, media and entertainment industries.
These individuals possess a range of well – developed technical and consultation skills where discretion and judgement is required and are responsible for their own outputs. This includes working cooperatively with a range of individuals including photographers, fashion stylists and media production staff.
Work is typically conducted as part of a team or on a freelance basis in settings such as make – up studios, retail cosmetic counters, fashion and media sets and photography studios.
- SHBBMUP002 Design and apply make-up
- SHBBMUP003 Design and apply make-up for photography
- SHBBMUP004 Design and apply remedial camouflage make-up
- SHBBMUP005 Apply airbrushed make-up
- SHBBMUP006 Design and apply creative make-up
- SHBBRES001 Research and apply beauty industry information
- SHBXCCS002 Provide salon services to clients
- SHBXIND001 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXWHS001 Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- SHBBBOS001Apply cosmetic tanning products
- SHBBCCS001Advise on beauty products and services
- SHBBFAS001 Provide lash & brow services
- SHBBSKS001 Pierce ears
- SHBBMUP001 Apply eyelash extensions
- SHBBMUP007 Work collaboratively on make-up productions
3 days 9am – 4.30pm
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
44 weeks/10 months
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Entry Requirement for Overseas Students
- Meet evidentiary requirements for country of origin
- Have an IELTS score of 5.5 or above or undertake an English Language test prior to enrolment TOEFL 527; TOEFLiBT46; CAE162; PTE42 or
- OET pass mark or 5 years study in Australia, Canada New Zealand; South Africa or
- Republic of Ireland or Passport holders for UK, USA, Canada, Republic of Ireland or Senior Secondary Certificate in Australia.
- Undertake a pre-enrolment interview / initial skills assessment.
ADDITIONAL COURSE COSTS
$500.00 – Administration fee
$100.00 – Uniform
$500.00 – Training kits *kits may be sourced by Learner
- SHB30215 Certificate III in Make-up upon resulting competent
- Electronic training and assessment resources
- 100 hours work placement
How can I pay for the course?
Payments can be made by credit card (visa and master card) or EFT via ezidebit. Course fees are due two weeks prior to course commencement.
How can I enrol in the course?
You may enrol online https://www.sbdi.com.au/enrol-now/ once we receive your enrolment form our admissions team will contact you to process your enrolment.
PAYMENT UPON ENROLMENT
20% of course cost
Face – to – face learning
2/161 New South Head Road Edgecliff NSW 2027
Course Start Dates