This qualification reflects the role of senior managers and small business owners of personal services businesses. They are responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operation of the business and for planning, monitoring and evaluating the work of the team. Salon managers also operate with significant autonomy to make strategic business management decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a salon manager in any type of personal service business including hairdressing or beauty salons, barber shops and spas.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- BSBHRM404 Review human resource functions
- BSBHRM506 Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- SHBXPSM001 Lead teams in a personal services environment
- SHBXPSM002 Manage treatment services and sales delivery
- SHBXPSM003 Promote a personal services business
- SHBXWHS002 Provide a safe work environment
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBSMB402 Plan small business finances
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
3 days 9am – 4.30pm
44 weeks / 10 months
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Entry Requirement for Overseas Students
- Meet evidentiary requirements for country of origin
- Have an IELTS score of 5.5 or above or undertake an English Language test prior to enrolment TOEFL 527; TOEFLiBT46; CAE162; PTE42 or
- OET pass mark or 5 years study in Australia, Canada New Zealand; South Africa or
- Republic of Ireland or Passport holders for UK, USA, Canada, Republic of Ireland or Senior Secondary Certificate in Australia.
- Undertake a pre-enrolment interview / initial skills assessment.
Additional course costs:
$500.00 – Administration fee
$100.00 – Uniform
- SHB50216 Diploma of Salon Management upon resulting competent
- Electronic training material
- All assessments
- Clinic practical hours
- Work placement support
Campus location: 2/161 New South Head Road, Edgecliff NSW 2027
How can I pay for the course?
Payments can be made via credit card (visa and master card) cash or EFT. Flexible payment plans available via Ezidebit.
How can I enrol in the course?
You may enrol online https://www.sbdi.com.au/enrol-now/ once we receive your enrolment form our admissions team will contact you to process your enrolment.
Payment upon enrolment:
– 20% of course cost
– Administration fee
– Uniform fee
Face – to – face learning, self-paced distance delivery, workplace training in SBDI clinic.
Course Start Dates