This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply substantial specialised knowledge and skills to design and safely apply non-ionising radiation treatments using intense pulsed light and laser technologies for hair reduction on the face and body.
In this role they make complex, independent judgements in consulting with clients, analysing their skin and hair characteristics, designing and evaluating intense pulsed light hair reduction treatment programs, selecting and using appropriate technology, and applying it within the context of safe client and operator practices and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Ongoing technological developments in this area of practice require the use of broad knowledge and the identification, analysis and evaluation of information from a variety of sources to build personal capability.
Practice may be undertaken in a salon or clinic in the beauty industry or in other settings where cosmetic laser hair reduction services are offered.
The use of intense pulsed light and laser is subject to legislation, regulation and licensing in some Australian states and territories.
- SHBBHRS005 Identify and control safety risks for intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatments.
- SHBBHRS006 Design laser hair reduction treatment programs
- SHBBHRS007 Provide laser hair reduction treatments
- SHBBHRS008 Design intense pulsed light hair reduction treatment programs
- SHBBHRS009 Provide intense pulsed light hair reduction treatments
- SHBBRES002 Investigate developments in cosmetic treatments using light or laser systems
- SHBBINF001 Maintain infection control standards
3 days per week, 30 weeks / 7 months
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9am – 4.30pm
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who:
Have achieved a Diploma of Beauty Therapy; AND
Have 12 months post – quafication experience as a beauty therapist with a primary focus on providing facial services, skin services and hair reduction services.
Entry Requirement For Overseas Students
- Meet evidentiary requirements for country of origin
- Have an IELTS score of 5.5 or above or undertake an English Language test prior to enrolment TOEFL 527; TOEFLiBT46; CAE162; PTE42 or
- OET pass mark or 5 years study in Australia, Canada New Zealand; South Africa or
- Republic of Ireland or Passport holders for UK, USA, Canada, Republic of Ireland or Senior Secondary Certificate in Australia.
- Undertake a pre-enrolment interview / initial skills assessment and LLN test.
Additional course costs:
$500.00 – Administration fee
$100.00 – Uniform
$100.00 – Safety glasses (if required)
- SHB60118 Advanced Diploma upon resulting competent
- Electronic training and assessment guides
- Clinic practical hours
- Work placement support
Campus Location: 2/161 New South Head Road Edgecliff NSW 2027
How can I pay for the course?
Payments can be made using debit or credit card via Ezidebit. Course fees are due two weeks prior to course commencement. Payment plans available.
How can I enrol in the course?
You may enrol online https://www.sbdi.com.au/enrol-now/ once we receive your enrolment form our admissions team will contact you to process your enrolment.
Payment upon enrolment:
20% of course cost
Administration fee & Uniform fee.
Face – to – face learning, self-paced distance delivery, workplace training in SBDI clinic.
Course Start Dates